- This event has passed.
A Better Approach for Agencies to Put Security in DevOps
June 25, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The recent shift towards DevOps makes it clear that Federal agencies are moving forward with adopting this operational model to facilitate the practice of automating development, delivery, and deployment of mission-critical software. While the traditional idea of a software release dissolves into a continuous cycle of service and delivery improvements, agencies find that their conventional approaches to software security are having a difficult time adapting to this new approach, since security is often viewed as an inhibitor to this new model.
Learn how different Federal agencies are beginning to embed security into their DevOps initiatives and find out what barriers need to be addressed in order to effectively achieve what the industry calls: DevSecOps.
Join us to:
• Discover why AST solutions must be capable of being completely automated within the tooling that is already in use within DevOps.
• Learn how to ensure vulnerabilities in custom code, open-source, and run-time risks are identified and remediated early in an automated fashion.
• Explore the benefits of integrating automation into DevOps, resulting in improved quality, accuracy, security, and speed of delivered software.
• Matthew Rose, Global Director Application Security Strategy, Checkmarx
• Nick Sinai, Former US Deputy CTO, The White House
• Rick Stewart, Chief Software Technologist, DLT