The 2020 Global Threat Report is one of the industry’s most highly anticipated reports on today’s most significant cyber threats and adversaries. It features a comprehensive overview of the global investigations and deep analysis conducted by the CrowdStrike® Intelligence team, the Falcon OverWatch™ managed threat hunting team, and the CrowdStrike Services incident response team throughout 2019.
The report covers real-world scenarios and observed trends in attackers’ ever-evolving tactics, techniques and procedures, and offers practical recommendations to protect your organization in the coming year. Here are some highlights:
- Big game hunting (BGH) escalated, and ransom demands soared into the millions, causing unparalleled disruption.
- Cybercriminals are weaponizing sensitive data to increase pressure on ransomware victims.
- The eCrime ecosystem continues to evolve, mature, and develop increasing specialization.
- Outside of BGH, an increase was observed in eCrime campaigns targeting financial institutions around the world.
- The trend toward malware-free tactics accelerated, with malware-free attacks surpassing the volume of malware attacks.
- State-sponsored targeted intrusions continued to gather intelligence and promote division within communities, and possible collaboration with sophisticated eCrime adversaries was observed.
Fill out the form below for a complimentary copy of the 2020 CrowdStrike Global Threat Report.